Gilbert High School, continuing a tradition of excellence one student at a time.
Gilbert High School is dedicated to providing a safe, collaborative learning community that challenges individuals to achieve their full potential.
Gilbert High School believes in:
- the worth and dignity of each individual.
- the ability of all students to learn.
- the use of teaching strategies that foster responsibility, critical thinking, and life-long learning.
- the development of skills that will enable students to compete in a global and technological society.
- the development of career and college ready students.
ACCREDITATION: First Arizona High School to receive Outcomes Based Accreditation by the North Central Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement. Recognized, in 1996, for 75 years of continuous membership.
SCHOOL POPULATION: 2629 students; 165 classroom teachers; 6 counselors; 2 psychologists; 5 administrators; 1 librarian; 1 speech pathologist; 1 Special Education vocational trainer.
INSTRUCTIONAL PROGRAMS: Over 220 courses in 16 departments including: Advanced Placement and Honors Curriculum, Comprehensive Core Curriculum, School-to-Work, Community College Dual Credit Courses, ELL, On-Site Special Education and Vocational/Technological Programs.
SCHEDULE: Two 18-week semesters. Each day contains seven 55 minute periods including lunch. Classes meet every day.
FAX NUMBER ADMINISTRATION: 480 497-5673
FAX NUMBER RECORDS: 480 632-4799
Student Handbook 2012-2013:
Information regarding policies, student services, attendance, procedures, academics and district regulations.