*Global Academy Online Summer School registration will begin on April 28 and end on May 27.
Online Summer School courses will start on June 2 and end on July 31.
Students may finish their online courses early, if needed.
More information about Online Summer School will be posted on March 21, 2014.
Global Academy Online Learning
Gilbert Public Schools
The mission of our online school is to provide an alternative anytime/anywhere learning opportunity for all high school students. Online learning is proving to be a compelling environment for a significant segment of our school population. The skills acquired to learn and communicate online are life-long skills that will serve students in high school, college and in the workplace.
Online courses are available to students living in the state of Arizona
1) who are enrolled in a school district,
2) who are home schooled, or
3) who attend a private school.
Online courses are not for everyone, but if you are in grades 9 to 12 and are motivated and willing to work independently, set goals, and manage your own study schedule, online learning is for you. Online learning is designed to provide a challenging and alternative educational option for students to meet state secondary educational requirements for graduation.
THE ONLINE LEARNING PROCESS GPS Online Learning will enroll students in courses based on the following:
- Students may enroll in one or two online courses per 9 week block, per counselor and Global Academy approval.
- Students must show progress and success in their online courses to have the opportunity to take additional online courses.
- NCAA Clearing House athletes should contact their counselor to determine appropriate placement and courses.
Global Academy Upcoming Events